Putting it into Practice
Students in the Environmental Education graduate program complete 60 hours of internship work to earn two EE 593 credits. Each internship is approached as an opportunity for our students to reach their growing edges and expand their skill sets. Through these experiences our students also become involved in local and regional environmental education efforts, supporting unique initiatives and improving the programs they intern with.
In the past our students have interned with a wide variety of nonprofits and local, state, and federal agencies. Recently students have:
- Led educational Harvest Meal programs with Rogue Valley Farm to School
- Served as student board members for the Rogue Valley Audubon Society
- Coordinated public Hike & Learn programs with the Friends of Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument
- Designed elementary school programs for Bee Girl
- Created a social media campaign for the Siskiyou FilmFest
Nationally Accredited Graduate Program
by the North American Association for Environmental Education
ENVIRO ED PROGRAM
SOU Environmental Education Program
1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
Ashland, OR 97520