The Insect Kit explores the diversity of insects common to our region using a mounted specimen collection. The collection parallels the activities which explore adaptations that insects use for survival such as camouflage, mouthparts, and behavior. The kit is designed for use in the field utilizing detailed observational and insect collection techniques.
Please note that the insect kit cannot be shipped via ESD courier due to the fragile nature of the specimens. The kit must be picked up at SOU.
- Insect nets
- Student Insect Kits (insect cube sample, stick with beetle engravings, magnifying box, insect gall, Golden Guide to Insects book)
- Magnifying lenses
- Insect displays (must be picked up at SOU)
Books, CDs, and DVDs:
- Bugs of Washington and Oregon
- Eyes on Nature: Spider
- Insect Almanac
- Bug Watching with Charles Henry Turner
- Outside and Inside Spiders
- Incredible Insects
- I wish I were a Butterfly
- Insect Defense DVD
- Eyewitness Insect DVD